Homecoming Week is September 24-28. We have a fun week of activities planned culminating with our annual parade at 4:00 and football against Junction City at 7:00 PM. The homecoming dance is Saturday, September 29 at 8:00 PM in the high school cafeteria.
The Elmira High School class of 1973 will be our special guest tonight at our home football game against Philomath. We are excited to have these alums with us tonight.
Due to poor air quality in Grants Pass our football games at North Valley have been moved to Elmira. The JV game will be played at 4:00 PM with the varsity to follow at 7:00 PM
Our annual Open House to begin the school year is on Thursday, September 13th at 5:15 PM. We hope you will join us that evening to learn about our school, meet our great staff, take a tour of the campus, and stay and watch our volleyball team. It promises to be an informative evening and we hope you can make it on September 13th.
The entire staff at Elmira High School has been busy this week preparing for the return of our students next week. Please refer to the following schedule for our back to school activities for Tuesday and Wednesday next week.
Tuesday, September 4th
Freshman Orientation Day (9th graders only): 8:25 AM – 3:20 PM
Wednesday, September 5th
All Students Return: 8:25 AM – 1:25 PM (Early Release Schedule)
We hope you all have a great Labor Day Weekend and we look forward to the return of our students next week.
Wednesday, August 29th is Elmira Booster Club Day at the Papa’s Pizza on West 11th in Eugene. 50% of your purchase will be donated to our booster club that day. You will need to bring the attached flyer with you on that day. Please think about supporting the Elmira Booster Club by visiting Papa’s for lunch or dinner on Wednesday, August 29th. http://www.fernridge.k12.or.us/elmirahs/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/08/Booster-Club-Papas-Flyer.pdf
Registration for the 2018-19 school year is fast approaching. Please refer to the schedule below for your registration time. In addition to registering for classes you can also pay course fees and get your school picture taken. Registration will take place in the cafeteria. Please follow this schedule for registration:
Wednesday, August 22
Seniors: 8:00 – 11:00 AM
Sophomores: 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Thursday, August 23
Juniors: 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Freshman: 5:00 – 8:00 pm
If you cannot make your designated time you can stop by the main office at any time beginning on Friday, August 23rd.
Veneta Chiropractic Clinic will be offering sports physicals on Thursday, August 9th for $20. Walk-ins are welcome all day on the 9th. All athletes planning to participate in a fall sport must have a current physical on file to begin practicing on August 13th. This is a great opportunity to get that requirement completed.
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration through FamilyID (www.familyid.com).
FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our sports programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER:
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
- Doctor information, Health Insurance Information, Student ID
- Option to upload current Physical Form
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided by the Organization above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
You will have two payment options to choose from in FamilyID. You can either bring cash or check to the Bookkeeper’s window at EHS or you can select paying through the Webstore by clicking on the link provided.
***If you choose to pay through the Webstore, there will be a $3.75 fee added to your cost.***
At any time, you may login at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the ‘Registration’ tab on the blue bar.
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-800-5583 x1.
- Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
We welcomed 19 incoming freshmen for our Strong Start Program this week at Elmira High School. This program is designed to give our incoming 9th graders vital problem solving and decision making skills that will help them achieve success in high school. They also will spend time with Elmira juniors and seniors and get to know some staff members as well. The program runs throughout the week and it is not too late to participate, if you missed today’s activities you can still join us tomorrow. If you have any questions contact Mr. Burgess at email@example.com.