Purpose: The L.D. and Velna Montgomery Scholarship fund was established in 2021 by Kerry Montgomery, EHS Graduating Class of ‘67 . It enables college bound seniors attending Elmira High School to pursue a college education at any 4-year, accredited Educational Institution.
Scholarship is for tuition, books, room and board only. Scholarship Amount: $5,000 per year, for a maximum of 4 years. Please complete the application in its entirety. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered for the scholarship award. The deadline for this application to be received is: Postmarked Tuesday, May 4th, 2021 by 3pm. No exceptions. Submit completed application to EHS Counselor, Brittany McMillan.
In order to be considered for L.D. and Velna Montgomery Scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be an Elmira High School Senior
- Be planning to pursue an undergraduate degree at a 4-year accredited educational institution beginning Summer or Fall 2021
- Must have a cumulative High School GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Please submit a copy of your Student Aid Report from the FAFSA OR complete the Financial Resource table on the following page.
- The L.D. and Velna Montgomery Scholarship is renewable (up to 4 years) IF college GPA remains in “Good Standing” based on the Colleges’/Universities’ criteria.
Interested in applying? Click HERE for an application.
Have questions? Contact Brittany McMillan, EHS Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org