“Distance learning” for all

As we navigate through these unprecedented times, I hope you and your family are doing well.  I wanted to take a moment to give you an update on how I foresee Spanish class continuing throughout the school year so that each may earn credit.  It seems as though with this “distance learning” for all, we will be continuing with this for the rest of the school year, unfortunately.=(  My hope is that everyone will still have their book and workbook (Spanish 2-5) at home so we can continue our Spanish learning (there will be plans to pick up workbooks and books from my classroom or your lockers at some point in the few days or so. . . stay tuned).  I plan to set up a Google Classroom for each different Spanish level and Meets/Hangouts where lessons can be taught, student work can be shared, assignments and such submitted, etc.  Email is the best way to get in touch with me at this point (jsnider@fernridge.12.or.us).   At the top of the main page on my blog includes the Fern Ridge School District website (with updates) as well as some sites to continue practicing Spanish (Duolingo and Conjuguemos).  I encourage you to take a look at them and below is a link to some apps that might be useful to practice until we get everything up and running and figuring things out/problem-solving to meet everyone’s needs.  Please get in touch with me if you have any questions, concerns, ideas or just need someone to connect with/share stories (it was great to talk to my homeroom’s parents/guardians) as we are practicing “physical distancing” at this point.  We all need to pull together, help each other and take care of one another. . . and, we will get through this and become stronger together.  I really am missing our daily learning, interactions, stories and adventures that make Elmira High School a great place to be.

A Guide to the Top Spanish Learning Apps in 2019