We would like to invite any interested incoming 9th grader to join us for Rising Falcon from August 8-11. Rising Falcon is a program designed to introduce you to Elmira High School and help set you up for success your 9th grade year. This fun program includes field trips, fun activities and chance to connect with other future Falcons and current EHS students. There is no cost and we are certain that it will be worth the time. Please fill out the attached Google form to indicate your interest. Please make sure you are logged into Google prior to filling out the form.
Fern Ridge Middle School we will be holding our Second Annual Summer Learning Camp for students who were in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade during the 2021-22 school year from July 11th to August 4th, Monday thru Thursday, 9:30 to 1:00. Transportation will be provided and school lunch served. Participating students will each take four classes in their 3.5 hour day- Language Arts, Math, Field Games like Frisbee Golf and Field Hockey, and a Summer Fun “Camp” Class which could range from painting to orienteering to arts and crafts.
For a registration packet, click on the link below. Packets can be returned to the school office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us at 541-935-8230 if you have questions.
We want to invite families and community members to our band and choir concert tonight at 7 PM. Under the direction of our music teacher, Megan Miller, our choir and band will be performing several pieces and showing what they have learned over the year. They have been practicing hard and are very excited about this opportunity to perform.
If you come to support our students, out of respect for our students and the work they have done, we ask two things:
1. Please remain seated while students are performing.
2. Please plan on remaining for the entire performance if at all possible. We really want our last group of student performers to receive the same level of crowd support and appreciation as our first group.
If the parking at the middle school is full, don’t forget that there is parking available at Elmira Elementary which is about a five minute walk from FRMS.
Why: Our 8th graders have worked hard this year and we want to celebrate with them as they get ready to move on to high school.
When: Tuesday, June 14th. Buses will depart at approximately 8:45 and take students to the Veneta City Park on Broadway. Students will be at the park from approximately 8:45 to 11:00. They will eat lunch at the park. After the park, they will go to the pool where they will have time to swim, play games, and hang out with their friends. There will be a DJ at the pool to play music. Students are expected to return by bus to FRMS around 2:00.
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony is at 6:30 PM on Tuesday, June 14th. Students are welcome to wear school appropriate clothing. Students do not need to dress up for promotion. If your child will not be participating in the promotion ceremony, please contact the office and let us know. There will not be a school dance or other event after the ceremony.
- Parking for Promotion– Parking for promotion will be limited. Please consider parking at Elmira Elementary or at the District Office across the street. Elmira Elementary is only a five minute walk down the street from Fern Ridge Middle School and has ample parking. Please do not park on the field- it will damage the field and break the sprinklers.
- Promotion Practice: Students will be practicing for promotion the afternoon of June 13th. If your child does not plan on participating in the promotion ceremony, please let the office know.
- 8th Grade Student Celebration: 8th Graders will have a day long celebration on Tuesday, June 14th. They will start with a bus trip to the city park in Veneta where there will be games and activities planned as well as time to hang out with their friends. Lunch will be served at the park. Around 11:00, after lunch, 8th grade students will continue their fun in the sun with a pool party at the city pool. There will be music and a DJ at the pool to entertain. Students will return to school at 2:00. If you do not want your child to attend the 8th Grade Student Celebration, please contact the office and let us know. Also if your child has any food allergies, please contact the office.
- Yearbook Signing– After they return from the pool party, 8th grade students will get their yearbooks if they purchased one and have the opportunity to sign yearbooks.
- The last day of school for 8th graders will be Tuesday, June 14th. 8th grade students will not be allowed on campus June 15th, June 16th, or June 17th.
- Finally, thank you to Jani Patrick and her volunteer committee for their hard work in organizing and setting up our 8th grade Student Celebration and the 8th Grade Promotion.
Based on a request from building staff, the FRSD school board has altered the District calendar for the last week of school.
On the final week of school only – EARLY RELEASE day will be moved from Wednesday, June 15th to Friday, June 17th.
Wednesday, June 15th will be a full-school day.
This will be the only week that the early release day will change. If you have any questions, please reach out to your student’s school office.
Fern Ridge Middle School is excited to announce that we will be holding our Second Annual Summer Learning Camp for current 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students from July 11th to August 4th, Monday thru Thursday, 9:30 to 1:00 Transportation will be provided and school lunch served. Participating students will each take four classes in their 3.5 hour day- Language Arts, Math, Field Games like Frisbee Golf and Field Hockey, and a Summer Fun “Camp” Class which could range from painting to orienteering to arts and crafts.
We had a blast last summer and are excited to be able to offer this opportunity to our students again. To make sure students receive personalized attention and support, we are limiting enrollment at each grade level to 15 students.
Click on the link below for more information and registration materials. Students can also pick up Summer Learning Camp Registration Packets from the office.
Contact us at 541-935-8230 if you have any questions.
8th Grade Families: Please click on the link below for a flyer with more information about the upcoming 8th Grade Fly Up.
After seeing how excited all of our students are about our first dance in two years, we have decided to celebrate our students and that excitement by making the FRMS Spring Fling on May 20th free to all FRMS and FRSD Options 6th thru 8th grade students. That’s right- no admission needed.
Leadership will still be selling candy, water, and chips as a fundraiser. All refreshments will be $1. There will also be an open gym for students who want to play basketball or other games.
Our “Spring Fling” Dance will be Friday, May 20th from 6:30 to 8:00 PM.
Students who do not attend all of their classes on May 20th will not be able to attend the dance. This includes students who are late to school, suspended from class, or are checked out early.
If your student has an appointment on the 20th that they have to keep, call and talk to Ms. Johnson or Mr. Carman by the 19th to request an exemption to the attendance rule.
Only FRMS and FRSD Options students will be admitted to the dance. Students who are homeschooled, attend online schools other than FRSD Options, attend other public schools, or attend private schools will not be admitted.
School rules, expectations, and dress code still apply during the school dance. Students who are not following school rules, expectations, or our dress code may have their parent called and be asked to leave the dance.