It’s that time of the year where we need to remind students and families of our guidelines around Halloween costumes. Halloween is Monday, October 31st which is a school day. Students may wear a costume to school as long as they follow these guidelines:
- If students are going to wear a costume, they must wear it to school. Except for P.E., students will not be permitted to change at school. Students must be able to wear their costume throughout the school day.
- No masks or full face painting will be allowed.
- Costumes must not be too scary or inappropriate for the school environment. Please no gory or grotesque costumes.
- Absolutely no props are allowed. (no swords, weapons, wands, etc.)
- The school is not responsible for costumes that are torn or damaged while at school.
- Students must wear shoes that are appropriate for school and that are appropriate for P.E.
- Students who come to school wearing something inappropriate, will have to call home for new clothing or remain in the office.
- Dress code standards still apply, even on Halloween. Costumes that are too revealing or that promote drugs or alcohol will result in students calling home for a change of clothes.
- Costumes should not interfere with the ability of students to attend classes, sit at desks, get their lunches, etc.