During these uncertain times we are doing our best to keep you updated on our plans for celebrating our 2020 graduates. We know that nothing can replace the loss of prom, senior trips, and a traditional graduation ceremony, but we are striving to create an experience that will be memorable and celebrate the accomplishments of our graduates.
Last week we received additional guidance from ODE, OHA and the governor around what is allowable for graduation. These guidelines drastically impact our ability to stage a traditional graduation ceremony, we also received word from the governor that it is unlikely that any large group gatherings will be allowed to occur until after September. We feel that this limits us to sticking with the original graduation date of June 5th. We are fearful that too many graduating seniors would be unable to participate in a postponed ceremony, and we also believe that the date of that ceremony would be too open ended and make it difficult for families to plan.
We believe that we can create a memorable graduation ceremony on the original June 5th date and we will be attempting to keep as many of the traditions of graduation intact. We will be providing more details next week, but for now we wanted to share some of what has been decided. The following are important things for you to know:
- Graduation will take place as scheduled on June 5th at 7:00 PM.
- Graduates and their families will remain in their vehicle for the majority of the ceremony.
- Each graduate will be allowed a maximum of two vehicles, no exceptions.
- Each vehicle must be able to fit in a standard sized parking spot in the EHS parking lot (no RV’s trailers or buses will be allowed).
- Pickup trucks are allowed but no one will be allowed to sit in the bed of the truck.
- We will conduct a rehearsal on Wednesday, June 3rd that we would like students and parents to attend.
- The Lane County Sheriff will be in attendance to ensure the safety of all of our guests and graduates.
We are excited to celebrate the accomplishments of our seniors and we feel confident that we can do that in a safe manner that honors many of the traditions of graduation. We will be in touch next week with additional information.