What follows this post is a series of articles that I have been writing for the local paper… the paper that supports our community and our school district.  I confess that my goal was two fold for publishing these articles.  First of all, I would like to increase the readership of this fine paper which keeps us informed about the happenings in our community and costs so very little for a year’s subscription.  Yes, it is a weekly paper; yes, it costs $32 per year delivered each week to your home.  Yes, that is $.62 cents a week.  So that was one of my two goals.

My second goal is the reason for my ethical dilemma.  When I explain to someone that I wrote an entire column about this in the local paper, the overwhelming response is “OH, well we don’t buy that paper.”  Hence the problem.  My major reason for writing these articles is to answer some of the community’s questions before they rumble around and morph into an ‘interesting’ configuration of non-facts and facts.  So my answer to this conundrum is this:  I will copy and paste these articles after they are published and before the next one comes out.

I just raided my files to put up these posts that follow.  From now on they will be in a more predictable order.  Please consider supporting our fine, local paper; get meeting news, information about things going on and coming up for the community and see pictures of the students as they perform their miracles in the many ways they do that.

Above all, enjoy the articles and send me any comments and questions here or at my email: tmorton@fernridge.k12.or.us

Have a great week.