As mentioned in the post below, I have accepted the position of FRSD Superintendent for the 2016-2017 school year and look forward to continuing to serve the Fern Ridge community while keeping my duties as the High School Principal. I am excited about the possibilities for our staff, students and community members in the months to come. I am fully committed to giving this challenging task and tremendous responsibility my undivided attention and focus. To kick things off I wanted to share some general information, as well as upcoming events you should be aware of.
- This morning I got a chance to visit our outstanding bus drivers as they prepare for the year. Please join me in thanking them any chance you get for this critical work that they do.
- The first day that teaching staff return to prepare for the school year is August 29th.
- Construction projects throughout the District continue to move forward, and are on track. The students thank the FRSD community for the passage of the 2014 bond that is bringing many much needed and exciting facility improvements to our District. District Maintenance and Technology staff has been working extremely hard this summer to keep things moving forward.
- The first day of school for grades 1st-5th, 6th and 9th is scheduled for Tuesday, September 6th. The second day of school, Wednesday, September 7th is for grades 1st-5th, 7th-12th. The first day for grades 1st-12th is scheduled for Thursday, September 8th, and the first day for all kindergarteners is scheduled for Monday, September 12th.
- School Registration days and times are as follows:
- EHS: 24 August, 8-11 AM—12th graders 1-4 PM—10th graders
- EHS: 25 August, 1-4 PM—11th graders, 5-8 PM—9th graders
- FRMS: 23 August, 7 AM – 7 PM, 24 August, 8 AM – 3 PM, 25 August, 8AM – Noon
- EES: 23 August, 7 AM – 7 PM, 24 August, 8 AM – 3 PM, 25 August, 8AM – Noon
- VES: 23 August, 7 AM – 7 PM, 24 August, 8 AM – 3 PM, 25 August, 8AM – Noon
– Gary E. Carpenter, Jr., Superintendent