We have had to make adjustments to our new meal delivery plan, set to begin tomorrow, Wednesday April 1st. As we began to problem solve the issue of having buses stop and hold up traffic at different locations, combined with maintaining social distancing with staff on the bus, and folks coming to pick up meals, there have been several challenges.
Here is our current plan, I probably sound like a broken record, but this plan will undoubtedly change and evolve in the days to come:
- The VES “drive-through” location will continue to operate.
- We have 13 routes occurring, however there are only a couple stops on each route. They are at locations where the bus can stop safely, and turn the engine off.
- At these sites the meals will be served out of the back of the bus.
- The drivers will place cones on the ground at the back of the bus to maintain social distancing when we have large groups at a stop.
- We hope that the vast majority of folks will be able to either make it to VES, or one of these stops.
- The stops/routes are listed here.
- If you CANNOT make it to one of these locations, and would like meals delivered to your house, and left on the front porch, we will do our best to accommodate this. We will be using our activity bus to deliver to individual locations. To get us this information, to request a drop off at a house, please leave a message on the school phone of one of your students front offices.
- Phone numbers are:
- VES: 541-935-8225
- EES: 541-935-8214
- EHS: 541-935-8200
- FRMS: 541-935-8230
- The information you need to leave in the message includes: Number of kids that need a meal, the address, and a phone number to call you in case there is a problem or we need more information.
- To have meals delivered that day, we need these messages left by 8:00 AM.
- You only have to leave the message once, and you will be added to the delivery list for every day going forward. To cancel delivery, call and leave a message with your address and let us know you are cancelling.
- Phone numbers are:
Again, the more folks that can make it to one of the MANY stops we have, the better. However, we understand not everyone has this ability. Thank you for your patience as we make this transition.