Great teachers do more than teach reading, writing, and math. They help set our children up for success in life. Whether students enter into a trade, go to college, or jump into a career, they are more prepared for life because of the teachers who guided and supported them along the way.
Even when faced with the incredible task of educating students virtually on a moment’s notice, our Fern Ridge teachers have shown they are dedicated to their students, no matter the circumstances.
Now more then ever we want to recognize the teachers who step into the lives of their students and make a positive impact. Please join me by thanking all of our Fern Ridge teaching staff!
Elevate Lane County is an organization that develops comprehensive systems for connecting students to careers in high-demand, high-wagE positions in our community.
The flyer linked below is specifically aimed at graduated high school seniors of the class of 2020–but all high school students are welcome.
Visit the link below for information regarding the checkout of chromebooks to FRMS students that need them!
RETURNING DISTANCE LEARNING PACKETS/WORK: There are several ways this can occur. While teachers would like to get completed work back so they can review it, assess it, and provide feedback to the students, we understand this may be a challenge for some so just do the best you can.
- Families who have been picking up their packets can continue to do so. There will be a “Return Work/ Completed Packets” box at each building. When you come to school to pick up the new week’s packet, please deposit the previous week’s packet in the box. Paperclips will be available if the packet has been taken apart. Please make sure your child’s name is on each page in the packet in the event that the packet becomes separated.
- Families may also choose to scan and email their child’s packet directly to the teacher. Staff Contact Information link.
- For families that are needing to have packets mailed to them, we will have a bus route to collect finished packets every Monday. You can CLICK HERE to see the routes and “stops” along those routes. These routes begin after the lunch/meal drop off routes that occur each day. These “homework pick-up” routes begin anywhere from 11:50 AM-12:30 PM. If a bus does not come by your exact location, and you cannot make it to one of these stops at the designated times, contact Amie at the bus barn at 541-935-1969 and we see if we can accommodate you. Please contact your school as early as possible the week prior to ensure we can make this happen.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
In response to the current health emergency resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the District facilities are closed to the public and meetings are being held virtually.
The budge committee meeting will be held on google meets and can be accessed by dialing: 1 317-743-0371 and entering pin 644 536 156 followed by the #sign. The agenda and meeting materials have been published. Please click here to access the packet in Boardbook.
If you have any questions please contact the district office at 541-935-2253 ext 1203.
Good morning FRSD families. We continue to serve around 1100 meals a day to the youth of the community. Thank you for continuing to access this. The staff loves to see the students at the bus stops or come through VES.
There has been one change to the routes that will begin today, Tuesday the 21st. The stop at the top of Bolton Hill is not being accessed, so we are moving that stop down to Woodland St. and 5th street. Hopefully, it will get more use there. The complete list of routes and stops can be found by CLICKING HERE.
Good morning FRSD families,
Thank you for your patience this week as we rolled out many new things. In the weeks to come we will certainly improve at all that we are doing, as well as begin to expand in the ways we connect with our students and families. Below are some general updates on a wide range of topics. We will call it the Weekly “Top-10”.
- DISBURSEMENT OF CHROMEBOOKS: We have distributed almost 100 chromebooks to High School students. At this time it is our hope that nearly every household that has a High School student, has a device with which to use. If not, please contact the school. This next week will be asking our Middle School families to complete a survey, and disbursement of devices to Middle School households that would like one, will begin.
- WI-FI: The High School parking lot now has an area that has wifi coverage. For the network name, wifi password, and the location (click here).
- FREE MEALS: We are serving anywhere between 1000 and 1300 meals a day. PLEASE continue to access this! For more information regarding meals and “bus-stop” locations visit the Food Service / Meal info link on the COVID-19 Closure tab at the top of the website.
- END OF YEAR EVENTS: The district continues to look at options for many end of year celebrations/events and how those can occur either in a different way, or at a different time. Those include 5th and 8th grade promotion, H.S. graduation, FRMS and EHS Awards nights, and possibly even holding a 6th grade outdoor school for our 2020 5th graders. All are very early in the planning stages, just be aware at this time ANYTHING is possible and we are working on all of these things, and more, to assess the feasibility.
- TURNING IN OF WORK: Stay tuned for more information regarding this (visit school websites). In the coming days we will have drop-off possibilities for families at schools, and may expand to collecting work via bus routes by the week of April 27th.
- HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH A TEACHER: Just a reminder that all teachers are maintaining regular workdays and are available by phone or email from the list on the COVID-19 Closure page. The direct link to their contact information can be found by clicking here.
- ASPIRE FOR 12TH GRADERS: A reminder to EHS 12th graders that Mrs. Sandie Smith is available regarding any questions you may have regarding college admissions or financial aid. Her email is email@example.com. You can also contact EHS Counselor Mrs. Brittany McMillan through here email, or at 5441-935-8200 ext 2220.
- 20-21 CALENDAR: The school calendar is in final draft stages and will go before the school board at their May meeting. Right now, it is looking like the first day of school in Fern Ridge will be Tuesday, September 8th. Once this is finalized, it will be posted and shared.
- SCHOOL BOARD MEETINGS: For the foreseeable future, FRSD School Board meetings will be held virtually. To access the meeting to listen/view it you can find the information in the agendas posted here. If you need further assistance, you can email Michelle Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to make public comment at a school board meeting you may do so electronically by submitting an email Ms. Cook.
- THANK-YOU: Again, a final thank-you to all of our staff working to make all of these things happen, and to our students and parents for their patience as we navigate through these uncharted waters.
Elmira High School is committed to making our distance learning for all available digitally to our students as widely as we can.
Elmira High School will begin our Chromebook Loan program this week. The first round of Chromebooks will be made available to families that indicated a need for a device in our Household Technology Survey.
Our first round of handouts will take place from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM on Wednesday, April 15th.
In order to receive a Chromebook on this first date you must have either completed the technology survey that was completed last week or have called the school by 10:00 AM Tuesday morning to indicate your need.
Families that have not completed the survey or called can still receive a Chromebook on Thursday, April 16th from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM. We do ask that if you haven’t completed the technology survey that you call 541-952-7022 to share your information with us or complete the survey on Thursday when you come to get your device. Chromebooks will be available at the front of the high school and we ask that you maintain proper social distancing while waiting to receive your Chromebook. A use agreement will be included with the device and is also available for you to view on Covid-19 Closure page on the FRSD Website.