Good morning FRSD families,
Thank you for your patience this week as we rolled out many new things. In the weeks to come we will certainly improve at all that we are doing, as well as begin to expand in the ways we connect with our students and families. Below are some general updates on a wide range of topics. We will call it the Weekly “Top-10”.
- DISBURSEMENT OF CHROMEBOOKS: We have distributed almost 100 chromebooks to High School students. At this time it is our hope that nearly every household that has a High School student, has a device with which to use. If not, please contact the school. This next week will be asking our Middle School families to complete a survey, and disbursement of devices to Middle School households that would like one, will begin.
- WI-FI: The High School parking lot now has an area that has wifi coverage. For the network name, wifi password, and the location (click here).
- FREE MEALS: We are serving anywhere between 1000 and 1300 meals a day. PLEASE continue to access this! For more information regarding meals and “bus-stop” locations visit the Food Service / Meal info link on the COVID-19 Closure tab at the top of the website.
- END OF YEAR EVENTS: The district continues to look at options for many end of year celebrations/events and how those can occur either in a different way, or at a different time. Those include 5th and 8th grade promotion, H.S. graduation, FRMS and EHS Awards nights, and possibly even holding a 6th grade outdoor school for our 2020 5th graders. All are very early in the planning stages, just be aware at this time ANYTHING is possible and we are working on all of these things, and more, to assess the feasibility.
- TURNING IN OF WORK: Stay tuned for more information regarding this (visit school websites). In the coming days we will have drop-off possibilities for families at schools, and may expand to collecting work via bus routes by the week of April 27th.
- HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH A TEACHER: Just a reminder that all teachers are maintaining regular workdays and are available by phone or email from the list on the COVID-19 Closure page. The direct link to their contact information can be found by clicking here.
- ASPIRE FOR 12TH GRADERS: A reminder to EHS 12th graders that Mrs. Sandie Smith is available regarding any questions you may have regarding college admissions or financial aid. Her email is email@example.com. You can also contact EHS Counselor Mrs. Brittany McMillan through here email, or at 5441-935-8200 ext 2220.
- 20-21 CALENDAR: The school calendar is in final draft stages and will go before the school board at their May meeting. Right now, it is looking like the first day of school in Fern Ridge will be Tuesday, September 8th. Once this is finalized, it will be posted and shared.
- SCHOOL BOARD MEETINGS: For the foreseeable future, FRSD School Board meetings will be held virtually. To access the meeting to listen/view it you can find the information in the agendas posted here. If you need further assistance, you can email Michelle Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to make public comment at a school board meeting you may do so electronically by submitting an email Ms. Cook.
- THANK-YOU: Again, a final thank-you to all of our staff working to make all of these things happen, and to our students and parents for their patience as we navigate through these uncharted waters.