Fern Ridge is accepting applications for School Board Member Position #1
Appointment Eligibility: To be eligible for appointment, candidates must:
- Have lived in the district at least 12 months prior to the appointment.
- Not be an officer or employee of the district.
- Be a registered voter of the school school district.
Duration of Appointment: The person appointed will serve until June 30, 2021. If the successful candidate would like to serve the full-term of this position through June 30, 2023, they would need to run for election in May 2021.
The Board will select the appointee as follows:
- The candidate should have personal integrity, intelligence, and appreciate the values of good education;
- The candidate should be willing and capable of assuming responsibilities;
- The candidate should have the ability to work with others, should have the courage of their convictions, should always vote their beliefs and should be a champion of the public schools;
- The candidate should be prepared and willing to devote a sufficiently large amount of time to the study of the problems of education in the district, as well as the sate and nation at large, so as to be able to interpret them to the electorate;
- The candidate must be willing and able to make sacrifices of their time and knowledge for the benefit of the district.
How to Apply: Your completed application can be returned to the Board Secretary at 88834 Territorial Rd. Elmira, Or 97437 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Board will review applications received by October 2, 2020. Click the link below for a fillable pdf of the application or you can request a paper copy of the application from Michelle Cook at 541-935-2253 Ext 1203.