The only thing that is consistent, is that things consistently change. Earlier this morning, ODE released a memo regarding masking. The memo can be read at this link: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORED/bulletins/30c2377
This memo was a result of a new OHA update released this morning, that can be read here: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORDHS/bulletins/30c223b
- The requirements for masking in indoor public places AND Oregon schools will now end on March 19th.
- In regards to schools, after March 19th, the decisions fall on “local authorities.”
- The change is due to a continued rapid decline in hospitalizations due to COVID-19.
- The District is still waiting for updates to “safety protocols for quarantine, contract tracing, and testing that meet the current conditions of the pandemic.” The ODE memo states that these updates will be released “early next week.”
- If these updates are in fact released early next week, I am hopeful we will be able to review them relatively quickly and come up with our plan here in Fern Ridge moving forward. We are currently working on various options that could address a range of circumstances and requirements, but we will not be able to finalize these plans until we have an opportunity read the requirements.
I will continue to provide updates here, any time we receive new information.