APPLICATION TO FILL SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER VACANCY
Position: School Board Member Position #5
Appointment Requirements: To be eligible for appointment, the candidate must:
- Have lived in the district at least 12 months prior to appointment.
- Not be an officer or employee of the district.
- Be a registered voter of the school district.
Duration of Appointment: To complete the term of a vacated position until June 2023. The candidate that is appointed to fill this vacant seat is eligible to run for election in May 2023 to fill out the remaining two years of the Position 5 term.
Duties: Commit to preparing for and attending at least one meeting per month and each budget committee meeting.
The Board will select the appointee as follows:
- The candidate should have personal integrity, intelligence and appreciate the values of good education;
- The candidate should be willing and capable of assuming responsibilities;
- The candidate should have the ability to work with others, should have the courage of his/her convictions, should always vote his/her beliefs and should be a champion of the public schools.
- The candidate should be prepared and willing to devote a sufficiently large amount of time to the study of the problems of education in the district, as well as the state and nation at large, so as to be able to interpret them to the electorate;
- The candidate must be willing and able to make sacrifices of their time, energy, and knowledge for the benefit of the district.
Application Procedure: This application along with proof of voter registration should be returned to the Board Secretary’s Office at the above address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Board will review applications received by April 8 at 4:00pm. The Board will select a candidate on April 18, 2022 at the regular board meeting. Click the link below for a fillable pdf of the application or request a paper copy from Michelle Smith at 541-935-2253 Ext 1203.