Good afternoon VES students and families,
This morning district staff have spoken Lane County Public Health and worked with them to review the circumstances of the positive COVID-19 test, examine our cohort logs, and to identify and inform any individuals who may have been exposed. All students and families that MAY have been exposed have been notified. Below is the most current information regarding what we have done, what we will be doing, and what changes, if any, will occur at Veneta in the coming days.
- The positive case has not been in the building since Friday morning.
- The person began having minor symptoms over the weekend, and tested positive on Monday evening.
- Despite the fact that the individual hasn’t been in the space for nearly 100 hours, we are currently sanitizing and disinfecting the spaces they were in (which were very few).
- Our cohort groups and logs worked well, resulting in the need for only one teacher, one instructional aide, and one classroom of students to isolate. Those families have been notified.
- School will resume for all other students K-5 at Veneta Elementary beginning tomorrow. Virtual for 4th-5th, and “B” day for our K-3 students. In consultation with the local public health authority, we are immediately closing one cohort (again they have been notified) who will remain at home for 14 days under Comprehensive Distance Learning, with a tentative plan to return to Limited In-Person Instruction on Tuesday, November 3rd.
- For the one classroom of students, stay tuned for direct communication from the school staff/teacher around next steps. We will be coming up with a 2 week plan to provide learning opportunities over the next two weeks. This will include CDL (virtual instruction) with your teacher on a chromebook. The plan to get these out to you will start immediately.
Thank you for your patience during this process. It will not be the last time we go through this at one of our schools.